Tuesday, December 9, 2008


Baby Jake's dedication was this last Sunday morning. Ethan got some cheese time with Molly. I swiped this from Julie's blog. She has a couple of adorable pics of Jake if anyone is interested.
This has been a crazy week. I started my drive back from KS on Monday and got home Tuesday night around 8:30. Wednesday night Joey had dress rehearsal for the GBS program. Friday I cleaned house to get ready for company from MI, and went to the program. After the program I realized that I didn't have any food in the house for our guests so Faith and I went to Papa John's around 10:00 to get a pizza. (This story does have a point) After we ordered it I remembered that I was out of diapers and milk so we ran over to Kroger. (Not literally) Anyways . . I loaded the groceries in the car and Faith pushed the cart over to the parking space beside the car. We went back to Papa John's and waited about 10 more minutes on the pizza. Got it, drove home, pulled into the driveway, and reached for my wallet . . . . which wasn't there. The last place I remembered seeing it was in the grocery cart. Great moment of spazzing!! So I drove frantically back to Kroger ignoring speed limits and most stop signs, and pulled up beside our cart and my wallet was no longer in there. One reason I was so frantic was cuz my family had given $130 cash for gas money to come home on and it was still in my wallet. So ... (she continued her long drawn-out story) . . . I ran into the store (literally) and looked for the security guard. He wasn't in his regular spot. I then went to the customer service desk. There stood the guard and another person going through my wallet trying to find a phone number. And . . . . drum roll . . . . nothing was missing from it. *sigh* I almost burst into tears right there on the spot. The guard said some guy came in and handed it to him. Considering the area of town the Kroger was in, well, let's just say Somebody was looking out for me.
By the way, KS was good and I have a couple of pics from when I was there, but I believe all 3 children are currently pooped so that will come later.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I know that feeling and it's no fun. I left my wallet at Meijer a while back and didn't realize it right away. Thankfully someone had turned it in and nothing was missing. Glad your story had a happy ending and I'm glad you had a good trip.

Unknown said...

I forgot to tell you that there are more pictures on my Facebook from Sunday. I have a couple more really cute ones of Ethan. He was so photogenic that morning! :-)

Holdens said...

I am so glad you found your wallet..So glad you had a good trip to KC..sorry you missed me Sunday night..:)

Nichole said...

Oooh I hate that feeling. Unfortunately I seem to have it alot. I can be very forgetful!

Andrea said...

I miss you!!