Monday, December 3, 2007

Sad Day/Happy Day

Today is the funeral of a girl who was a really close friend to me in high school. It saddens my heart to think that she is no longer around. It's also weird to think of somebody dying at my age.
On a lighter note, today is my oldest sister's birthday. She's turning 50! Crazy, huh? My mom is fixing fried chicken for the fam tonight. My diet has been totally out the window since I got here. Oh well, I only get to do this twice a year.
I fly back home tomorrow, but I probably won't have a chance to try and post pictures again until Thursday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry about the loss of your friend. It is a very strange feeling to have someone your age pass away. A classmate of mine died last year, and it really threw me for a while.

Wildly changing the subject...enjoy the fried chicken! I think it would be absolutely wrong not to enjoy your mom's cooking while you're there. (I stare glassy eyed at the computer as I recall some of her spreads.) Sigh.

Sarah Cook said...

Fried chicken... that sure sounds yummy! And, it is in the middle of the night, too!
Thank you for the kind note on my blog!
Sorry about your friend... I know a little about being shocked about someone close and young facing, well, you know... It hurts! I am sorry for you. I will pray for God's comfort.

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

your mom's fried chicken.... wow.