Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Recipes

I went to a workshop the other night that was about productive playing with your kids. It was pretty interesting. The thing I liked most was the packet of recipes they sent home with me. Here are two of them . . .

Kool-Aid Play Dough

2 cups flour
1 cup salt
2 packages unsweetened Kool-Aid
2 T alum or cream of tartar (optional)
2 T vegetable oil
2 cups boiling water

1. In a large bowl combine flour, salt, Kool-Aid, and alum.
2. Add oil and boiling water
3. Stir
4. Knead when cool enough to handle.
5. Store in sealed container


Shaky, Shaky Ice Cream

3/4 cup milk
2 T sugar
a few drops vanilla
small ziploc
big ziploc
ice
salt

In small ziploc put milk, sugar, and vanilla.
In big ziploc fill halway with ice and pour quite a bit of salt in.
Place little ziploc inside big ziploc.
Seal and shake for around 5 minutes until ice cream is frozen.
Eat!

We made this one at the meeting and it was pretty good, but I'll probably put more sugar in next time. :o)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your family picture at the top of your blog. Your kids are very cute!

Leora Schenck said...

Hey Andrea! How are you doing? I LOVE your picture in your heading! How SWEET!!! You look great! And your kiddos are SO PRECIOUS!!! Wish you were closer! We could have a lot of fun and our kiddos too.

Take Care and Keep in Touch!

Anonymous said...

Hey, just catching up a bit. Hope all is well with you. I especially loved the pic of Ethan and Joel in their little chairs with their popcorn. CUTE!! Thanks for the smile. :)

NomadatHeart said...

Darling, I adore your family picture!! Thanks for the birthday note! I think of you often and wish we could sit (or walk?) and have a good long talk. Love and miss you!!

Maggie said...

Hey there! Your family is beautiful! Hope you have a wonderful day!

leezard said...

Hey What's up? This is Leigh Murray. I was just blogsurfing, and found your blog. Take good care of Mike, cause our church won't want to hear me preach. lol

Kristina Clemens said...

Hey Andy! Was fun to catch up with your life. Feel free to visit us. scottandkrisclemens.blogspot. Your family picture is fabulous! Kristina Clemens

Kristina Clemens said...

Hey Andy! I just had to tell ya. I was laying in bed last night laughing my head off about that time on band tour when we got put out in that camper in the woods. Remember how freaked out I was? Ahh...good times. Kristina

Kristina Clemens said...

Thanks, sweetie. Kris